JNS: Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Tuesday presented a blueprint of Atma-nirbhar Bharat Abhiyan (Mission Self-reliant India). In his address to the nation, PM also announced an economic package of Rs 20 lakh crore, which is almost 10 per cent of India’s GDP to deal with the impact of coronavirus pandemic in India to achieve the mission.
Addressing the nation for the fifth time since the Coronavirus outbreak, PM said, scientists believe that Coronavirus will be a part of our lives for a very long time. But we cannot let our lives remain confined around Corona. We will wear masks and maintain social distancing, but we will not let it affect us. So lockdown 4 will be in a new form with new rules beyond 17 May.
“You will be informed about it before May 18,” PM Modi said.
I announce a special economic package today. This will play an important role in the ‘Atmanirbhar Bharat Abhiyan’. The announcements made by the government over COVID-19, decisions of RBI and today’s package totals to Rs 20 Lakh Crores. This is 10 per cent of India’s GDP, said PM.
Highlights of Modi speech
- Aatm Nirbhar Bharat
- This huge COVID-19 crisis has brought opportunity to India
- Before COVID-19 India was manufacturing zero PPE
- Now we are manufacturing 2L PPE and 2L N-95 daily
- World is looking up to India’s Culture and Spiritual learning
- When India says self-reliant, is not for us as a Nation but for World as a whole “Vasudev Kutumbakkam”
- We have Fought TB/Polio/Malnutrition.
- International Yoga day is what we have to the world.
- Indian Medicines are helping the world.
- The world is praising India and it’s pride Moment for all Indians
- All 130CR Indian should VOW for Self-Reliant Bharat
- In 2000 there was Y2K crises in the world and Indian Technocrats helped the world to solve it
- We have the best talent in the world. We will improve our technology, Logistics, Products. We will do it
- Kutch had tremendous Earthquake and it recovered swiftly by our Sankalp. Everything is possible
- There are 5 Pillars of Self Reliant Bharat: 1. Economy, 2. Infrastructure, 3. System, 4. Demography, 5. Demand
- Special Economy Package for Self Reliant Bharat.
- Total including today is 20L Crores (10% of GDP)
- 20L crores in 2020
- This will be for – Land /Labour/Law/Liquidity
- It’s for MSME /Skill development infra
- This is for farmers /Medium class/Entrepreneurs.
- Further details FM Nirmala Sitaraman will give
- Self Reliant makes one ready for global supply chain and tough Competition
- This crisis is so big that the biggest nation’s have devasted.
- Still here people have supported each other.
- Also now we should take action for Poor/Labor/Fishermen /etc will be covered in the package
- Corona has made us realise the importance of the local supply chain.
- Local supply has helped us .
- We have to buy local and also be vocal about Local.
- ‘Be Local, Buy Local and Be Vocal about Local’
- All experts and scientist say Corona will stay for long.
- We have to look beyond Corona.
- We will use Mask
- We will use social distancing
- Lockdown 4.0 will be different. It will be communicated before 18th
- What is in our control is happiness and satisfaction.
- 21st century, we have to make the century of Bharat by self Reliance.
- We will do it with More Vigour, More Power and More Determination by adding new skills, new dimension.